melbourne wedding celebrant


Call or text now on 0422448918


badger creek civil marriage celebrantThank you for your time and interest to read on. I am an authorised Wedding Celebrant based in Melbourne, servicing Badger Creek. I graduated from the Academy of Marriage Celebrants over 12 years ago and have performed over 700 weddings. My aim in life is not to become rich, by doing weddings… I work full time as a Quality Facilitator and enjoy my passion of doing weddings on weekends or during the week if you like.

My warm and friendly nature has attracted couples to me from all over Melbourne, interstate and overseas. I’m professional, sincere, reliable and an affordable Melbourne Civil Celebrant.

You don’t have to explain to me your reasons or your circumstances.

Just contact me and say that you would like a “budget wedding”.

I promise you the same beautiful, memorable and unique ceremony that I am proud to give all my couples, 7 days a week!

You may want a quick, simple & intimate wedding or something more substantial.

As an experienced Melbourne celebrant I will be happy to follow your wishes.

No restrictions on anything with me as long as all legal aspects are covered you can get married anytime anywhere.

You can have your wedding on the weekend or weekdays, in a chapel at a venue or even at home in Badgers Creek.

In order to be legally married in Australia, all couples must complete an application form known as a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM). one month in advance. In addition, couples must provide absolute proof of ID which may be any of the following.








Birth Certificate


Photo ID Drivers License

Divorce Certificate ( if applicable)

Death Certificate ( if applicable)

If a Birth Certificate or Passport is unobtainable (non Australian born citizens only), a standard Statutory Declaration will be required (in order to provide proof of birth date and place of birth), as per section 42(1)(b)(ii) of the Marriage Act 1961.

Note: This is common with refugees or people who have fled war torn countries, who have no way of accessing or recovering birth or marriage records.

Notice Of Intended Marriage

The following is a brief explanation of the requirements for marriage according to the Marriage Act 1961 and the Marriage Regulations 1963.

It is a requirement under Section 42 of the Marriage Act 1961, that specific statutory documentation be completed prior to the solemnization of your marriage. The main documents include:

A Notice of Intended Marriage [NOIM] (the underpinning document that contains your critical and personal details)

To authenticate your Notice of Intended Marriage, you are required to provide evidence of your legitimacy to be married under Australian Law. In particular, you must provide:

An original Birth Certificate (if you were born in Australia)

A current Passport (if you were born Overseas)

Any Divorce or Nullity Papers (if you have been previously married)

A Death Certificate (if your previous marriage ended accordingly)

Any Statutory declarations (declaring your legitimacy to be married under Australian Law)

In addition to the above, you are required to understand the relationship you are both about to enter, outlined in a statutory brochure Happily Before & Ever After, which is given to you during the initial meeting.

Decree Absolute

Prior to getting married, you must provide definitive proof of how, when and where your previous marriage was terminated. This could be due to



Death of a partner

In the case of Divorce, the most common method for providing ‘proof of release from a previous marriage’ is via a Divorce Order or Decree Absolute. In Victoria, this is currently issued by the Federal Magistrates Court (either in Melbourne or Dandenong) and is generally an A4 document which bears a stamped ‘red seal’.

Underage Marriage Or Marriage To A Minor

You are not legally allowed to marry if you are both under 18 years of age, however if only one of you is under 18 you can apply for a court order, providing that you have permission from a legal guardian.

Also under Australian Law, you cannot legally marry an immediate family member, such as your mother, father, brother or sister.

Impediment To Marriage

At some stage prior to your actual Marriage Ceremony (usually at the rehearsal), you must complete a Form 14. This form declares that neither you or your partner believe there is any Impediment to Marriage, thus declaring you are legally eligible to be married under Australian Law.

Local Areas Include – Badger Creek, Berwick – Pakenham-  Dandenong – Dandenong Ranges – Eastern Melbourne – Narre Warren – Rowville – SE Melb – Southeast Melbourne – Yarra Valley – Bon-beach  – Brunswick – Fitzroy – Frankston Ferntreegully – Belgrave – Cranbourne – Springvale – Mulgrave – Clayton – Blackburn – Chadstone – Doveton – Endeavour Hills – Glen Waverley – St Kilda – Kew – Malvern – Mt Waverley and many more.

Get the ceremony that you deserve by contacting me today on 0422448918