Call or text now on 0422448918


Wedding Celebrant in Bayswater offering discounted rates for Specialised Ceremonies. Services include Weddings, Elopements, Renewal of Vows, Baby Naming’s and more.

bayswater civil melbourne wedding celebrantThank you for visiting my website. I am Sharon, an authorised Bayswater Melbourne Celebrant.

If you live in Bayswater or the surrounds, contact me and we can meet for an obligation free chat. I love weddings and everything that goes with it. I’m happy to meet at your local cafe in Bayswater, my place or yours…. so I can find out a bit more about how you would like to celebrate your day. However big or small I can tailor a ceremony to suit your taste and budget.

Otherwise, if you are interstate or overseas, then I can send my self explanatory package out to you. You can then contact me with any questions that you may have. If you think your particular story just isn’t that simple, contact me, I can give you lots of advice regarding getting your identification in order or letters to the visa office. I have over 12 years of experience and am very happy to share any information you need.

As a Celebrant servicing Bayswater, I am happy to travel all over Melbourne to officiate ceremonies. I am also able to assist you with everything you require for your wedding, without any additional cost, and certainly with all the legal aspects.

Simply, email me and I will send all the information required, as soon as I hear from you.

My international couples have come mainly from: India, Punjab, Sri Lanka,

To get you started, there are a few steps that need to be done.

Especially legal requirements before the ceremony.

For any marriage to be declared legally valid in Australia, you must meet certain legal requirements.  One of these requirements is to fill out a Notice of Intended Marriage. This Notice must be completed and witnessed by a prescribed authority (not as scary as it sounds!) Then it must be lodged, with me your Melbourne Celebrant  at least one month prior to your wedding day.

In order to fill out the Notice of Intended Marriage, you must be- Be at least 18 years of age  (or receive special permission)

Have an Australian birth certificate (original not a photocopy) or have a current passport or if you don’t have both the you must provide a Commonwealth Stat. Dec.

If you have previously been married, you must have a copy of your divorce certificate (this can arrive after you have filled out your Notice with me) If your husband or wife has passed away then you must provide a death certificate. If you live interstate or overseas, this Notice of Intended Marriage can be witnessed by various authorities in your local area (these prescribed witnesses are listed in the e-lope package).

Then on the wedding day there are also other legal obligations, I will make sure everything is done professionally, legally and you won’t have to worry about a thing.

On the wedding day, you must have two witnesses present to oversee your ceremony and sign documentation (these can be family members or friends who are 18 years and above) witnesses cannot be provided to you by the celebrant.

Sign all required paperwork- Exchange vows and declarations (which are explained in the e-lope package)

You are married!  Congratulations!

Two weeks after your wedding you can apply for your ‘Official Marriage Certificate’ from Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Please feel free to contact me for more information, to arrange a meeting, or to arrange an elope package to be sent to your home.